If you love the ambiance of the outdoors and the memories of an unforgettable camping experience, pass it along this holiday season. Put aside the usual DVD and socks this year, especially for the kids, and try out these great outdoor camping gift ideas:
- For Young Campers wrap up an outdoor activity like play tunnels, or horse shoes. If you have young ones who have never been camping, start with the basics like a colorful sleeping bag and fun flashlight. Also make sure to pick up plenty of table-top fun like coloring books, crayons and card games like Uno or Old Maid.
- With adolescents and teens, avoiding the electronics may be a little difficult. So aside from an art set for the artists and a magnifying glass for the explorers, portable game systems are the best way to go. For a more practical camping gift, a camping gear backpack or bag filled with camping gadgets like a swiss army knife, waterproof flashlight, travel bath set and a new scarf and hat is a fun gift to open!
- To impress the husband, a new pair of hiking boots with wool socks, gel inserts and spare shoelaces say so much. This gift will certainly make his hiking experience much more comfortable and pleasant. If you’re looking to splurge, get that great digital camera he’s been talking about so he can take some great pictures of the view on his hike and the family camping!
- The wife needs her get-away gift, as usual, and there’s no better way to pamper her camp-loving side than with a self-inflating camping pad and pillow. She will also likely be partial to any number of cordless appliances that make camping that much more luxurious and tasty.
- And don’t forget Grandma and Grandpa this holiday season. Give them a gift that’s anything but ordinary and screams mountain-get-away at them like a paid trip for two to a camping resort. If they have an RV, finding an RV park near a lake is an inexpensive but wonderful way to love the grandparents. If they need lodging, pick out a cozy cabin for them.
Don’t stop with these great ideas! Make reservations in advance and on Christmas Eve night, pack your vehicle with your usual camping gear. Surprise your family Christmas morning with reservations to a campground nearby for a camping Christmas and an opportunity to try out their new gifts!
After stockings and presents, have them pack their clothing, gifts and toys and head out. After visiting the local family members and calling the distant ones, head out to your Christmas destination and camp through the holidays in the crisp, winter air. Happy Camping!Tags: art set, campers, hiking boots, kid sleeping bag, kids flashlight, magnifying glass, play tunnels, self inflating camping pad and pillow, swiss army knife, waterproof flashlight, wool socksIf you liked this post, buy me a coffee.